Miriam's Reviews > The Last Unicorn

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

Apr 12, 2008

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from January 01, 1983 to September 01, 1985

I read this when I was 7 or 8, after being taken to see the film. I enjoyed it although it was too advanced for me. I remember being confused in places and should really reread it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Unicorn.

Benjamin Duffy Reread it! It's available now as part of the second Humble E-book bundle, which means you can donate a few bucks to a good cause and get a dozen cool ebooks...including this one. (www.humblebundle.com)

message 2: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam Oh, I still have my copy! But thanks for the link -- I'll check out what other titles they have.

message 3: by Magda (new)

Magda There's a Lois McMaster Bujold title there, for one thing.

message 4: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam I own that one, too. Surprise!

Kressel Housman 7 or 8 is way too young. You've got to re-read it. It's a beautiful book!

Benjamin Duffy Kressel wrote: "7 or 8 is way too young. You've got to re-read it. It's a beautiful book!"

Agreed! I saw the film for the first time around that age, but didn't read the book until 2013 - and ended up giving it a very rare (for me) five stars. In some ways I'm glad I didn't read it as a child, because a lot of its more adult (in the sense of "subtle," not in the sense of "lurid") humor, and its sheer power, would have been lost on me.

message 7: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam I just ordered the edition illustrated by Peter Gillis, as it happens. I'm not sure whether that's the complete text.