Primero's Reviews > Secrets and Shadows

Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany

Aug 21, 11

Read from August 19 to 22, 2011 — I own a copy

*Spoilers*

Pietr thought he was protecting Jess by pushing her away. He might forget that he wasn't the only threads Jess got. Not to mention, while he thought he "physically" protecting her, he "mentally hurting" her by dating her best friend who was a former phycho-b***h, Sarah. I kind of think she deserved it because she's the one who pushed Pietr away in the first place.

Jess thought Pietr didn't want her anymore and tried to move on. Later, around the last two chapter or so, Pietr revealed that he pushed her away because he was protecting her from himself, not that he didn't want her. He had a hard time controlling himself around her, so he used Sarah to tame himself. (Wow, what a man?) Then the next chapter he broke up with Sarah and came back to Jess. Just like that. No explanation whether he can control himself or not. It implied that Sarah's scent tamed him enough he could be around Jess without hurting her. Ugh!

The dialogues were fine but adding a little explanation of the situations would be nice.

I liked the first book. This one? Not so much.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets and Shadows.

08/20/2011 page 81
25.0% "What the heck is happening here?"