Barbara's Reviews > Crossroads of Twilight

Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan

203163
Jul 27, 08

Recommended to Barbara by: my daughter in law and son
Read in July, 2008

The major plot-lines continue to thicken, as this one furthers what happens not just with Rand, but with the supporting cast. Mat's story line moves forward significantly, picking up where we left off at the end of book 9... when he discovered the identity of the Daughter of Nine Moons, who he is prophesied to wed.

Egwene's story line moves forward with the seige of Tar Valon, and leaves her in a cliff-hanger, captured by someone, betrayed by someone.

Elaine's story line moves forward as she strives to consolidate her position from daughter-heir to queen in Andor.

Finally, Perrin and Faile's story line is right in the thick of things, with Faile in the hands of captors, and Perrin in agonized pursuit as only Perrin can be.

Meantime, the story lines start to draw back together when Rand realizes he must make treaty with the Seanchan in order to clear the decks for the struggle with the dark one. At the very end (epilog) it hints at his being required to meet with the Daughter of the Nine Moons...

In short... ends in a way that makes you want to dash out and get the next one off the shelf. Oh, I hope that Knife of Dreams doesn't do the same... or that I don't finish it too soon before Brandon Sanderson picks up the Robert Jordan legacy and finishes the 12th book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossroads of Twilight.