LenaLena's Reviews > Just Desserts

Just Desserts by Scarlet Blackwell

Aug 19, 11

bookshelves: mm, short-stories, omg-wtf-bbq
Read in August, 2011

This reads like a fucking fairy tale. Literally, like a fairy tale with lots of fucking in it. Like a fairy tale in which the Prince bends Cinderella over the bar halfway through the first waltz and licks whipped cream off her ass. And then declares his undying love, of course. I mean, obviously. She's pretty and she writes a witty e-mail. What's not to love?

The Prince is celebrity fuck-em-all chef Luc who is led around by his dick in truly epic fashion. Apparently there are no laws against l'harrassement sexuelle in Gay Paree, and it is quite alright to fuck your minions and give them raises in return. They're begging for it, after all, the little sluts. Cinderella would be his nemesis and holding-out-for-love food critic Daniel. Although, we actually know more about Cinderella's back story than Daniel's. It is still not clear why he has been ripping Luc apart in the media for months, without apparently ever trying his food. Both guys are as flat as fairy tale characters and the story as predictable.

Bah, enough time spent on this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Desserts.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~♥I_Luv_2_Read♥~ Your review cracked me up Marleen!! Sorry the book was so bad, but your review was hilarious!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

What a horrible thing to start out your new Kindle on.

LenaLena Oh no, it wasn't the first I read on it. I finished my reread of Zero at the Bone first. The kindle died halfway into that. Thank god I already knew how it ended.

You know, some books are entertaining even if they're bad. This one was like that. If it'd been truly horrendous the review would have been longer and the star rating lower. This one just never felt like a real life story. As I said, a fairy tale.

message 4: by Emma Sea (new)

Emma Sea I love this review, Marleen.

LenaLena Thanks Emma!