Adrienne's Reviews > My Sweet Audrina

My Sweet Audrina by V.C. Andrews

Aug 25, 11

Read from August 18 to 25, 2011

This is a tough one. I don't think I can rate this book appropriately. I read it for the first time when I was twelve or so, and it really influenced me. It's very twisted and dark, there are a lot of messed up parts to it, but the writing is excellent, and when I first read it, I couldn't escape the ominous mood of it even when I closed it and put it down. Having read it and learned all the secrets, the second time around didn't capture me as much, but I still flet my pulse quicken and my adrenaline rush during the crazy parts, and still felt lost to some degree in the mystery of it all. The book description doesn't cover hardly anything that goes on in the story, and I was shocked and perturbed by what I learned and semi-experienced from what I read in it when I was twelve. I chose to reread it because I wanted to see if it still held the same power for me, and to some degree it did. I'm glad I took it up again, but I think I should've read it for the first time when I was older. It feels like dark magic.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sweet Audrina.