Allison's Reviews > Sorta Like a Rock Star

Nov 09, 11

bookshelves: faith, death-dying-and-loss, disabilities, 2012-13-gateway
Read from November 06 to 09, 2011

Rating: 2.5

This was the oddest book I have read in a long time. I can honestly say that I almost stopped reading it half way through the story but I knew I had to finish it. I like the cover, total I would pick this book because I would be interested by the cover and also the title. I thought this would be a light hearted book but I was surely wrong.

Ok, so there are things that I liked about the book but then there were things I didn't like about it too.
1. Amber was your stereotypical teenager with some crappy problems that have happened in her life which many kids can relate too. Once I start book talking this book, I think it will start flying off the shelf.
2. All of the relationships in the book. Even though some of them didn't end well, I think it developed all of the characters in the story by helping them grow throughout the book.
3. The title: I didn't get it at first but I got it towards the end. You will get what I'm talking about when you finish it.
4. The cover...pretty...
5. Bobby Big Boy (aka Thrice B) him...

Didn't like:
1. What's up with Amber saying "word" every other sentence? No one has said that since like the 70's! Annoying.
2. Amber's mom: she totally made me mad by the way she acted.
3. Why did she go meet that man (don't want to give away too much) at the end of the story, stupid.
4. This book played with my emotions. I start off happy go lucky, etc and then the middle of the book (the climax) totally just hits ya hard and up you go again. A HUGE roller coaster ride!

I can honestly say it has been hard for me to write this review because I liked it but I hated it at the same time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sorta Like a Rock Star.

11/06/2011 page 65
18.0% "this is a very strange book"
show 2 hidden updates…