Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur)'s Reviews > Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

** spoiler alert **
3-1-12 Review Rewritten Due to Anger After Finishing Book Caused Excessive Use of Exclamation Points and Caps.

Calla and Shay are stuck in the Searcher's headquarters, their sworn enemy. But when they are told the deadly secrets the Keeper's have kept from them their whole lives, they choose to form an alliance with the Searchers.
During her time with the Searchers, Calla is constantly torn between Shay and Ren; Shay being always by her side and supportive, and Ren a constant thought and guilt in her mind. (this annoyed me to no end)

UUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAGH. <---yeah, this book makes me sound like I have constipation.
There was WAY too much talk and not enough action. Explain, explain, almost sex scene here, talk talk, explain explain, go on a mission and have Calla make a dumb mistake, more talk and explaining here.....

The ending was the only action-filled part in the book. Calla, Shay, and the Searchers invade the Keepers, but it all turns out to be a trap and Calla is attacked by Ren....who tries to rape her.
......This is why I like Shay better. I get it, he was tortured, he lied to save them, blah blah blah. Still, he tries to rape her?! Oh, and during that scene, Calla says she's 'too shocked to switch forms' to defend herself.

description

description

Tell me something, isn't Calla supposed to be this strong, fearless alpha? Instead, she's a crying, can't-live-without-her-men little girl! I thought this in the first book, but it's shown even more in this one. Actually, on page 371 Sabine says;
"God, don't blubber, Calla. You're supposed to be an alpha."
Thank you, Sabine. Why can't SHE be the main character?

The very end is when Calla and Searcher Adne go back to Vail to rescue Ren. RIGHT before Calla gets to the house, the books ends.
Holy. Fucking. Cheese balls. excuse my French.
The one time it gets interesting; the book ends. PAH!

If you've read Nightshade and liked it, do. not. read this one. Well, you can if you want, but YE HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolfsbane.

11/09/2011 page 80
11/10/2011 page 249
64.0% "I'm not really liking it. : /" 13 comments
11/11/2011 page 341
87.0% "Oh Ren, Oh Ansel, OH EVERYBODY!!!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annie Brewer Hahahaha, loved this review! I agree! I never liked Calla from the beginning and it never changed in the 3rd book either! I hated her even more. Ugh, this series was a waste of my money! :-/

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Haha, thank you! And yes, this series went extremely downhill. I don't get how you can make one book so good and then have the next two be....bleh. :P

Annie Brewer I actually liked Wolfsbane...only because of the other characters. But yes there was more talk than action. And the whole thing with Shay and Calla getting it on or almost...wait did they have sex in this one? I can't remember...these books are a blur. I hate them so much! lol

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) In Wolfsbane? Yes. That's where I put the "Implied Facepalm" gif.
Yeah, honestly, I couldn't care less for either boys, but Ren was much better in Bloodrose. (view spoiler)

Annie Brewer What??? OMG, I loved Ren! He was my favorite of them all!! Ugh, stupid Bloodrose. :(

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Haha! I liked Ren, but my favorite character was -brace yourself for laughter- Silas.

WHY'D HE HAVE TO DIE, DAMMIT!?!

Annie Brewer LOL oh damn, I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Thanks for that!! Hahahaha

J/K, he was cool! IDK, why don't you ask the author!!!

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) ....You're welcome! LOL.

I SHOULD! *Goes to email angry letter to Andrea Cremer*
Eh, I'm too lazy. I bet she's read a bunch of angry reviews on her book already.

Annie Brewer Haha :)

Yea so true!! Omg, I met her last week. She was nice but I asked her "Why?", I was talking about Ren and right away she was like "Well because not every story has a happy ending." and it just made me mad. It was like she didn't care. :(

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) (:O You met her?!?
Well, maybe she was planning on making Ren die from the very beginning, even when she was writing Nightshade. You can't really tell what authors will do with their stories, whether they make it a happy or unhappy ending, or if it will be predictable or unpredictable. And it's true, not every story has a happy ending.
Eh sorry, my writer brain is coming out now, haha.

Annie Brewer Yes I met her in my town at B&N along with 3 others. She did say she planned it from the beginning but that doesn't lessen the pain any. Ugh!! Yea as a writer I try to make my stories believable and also intense but not so predictable. I've got 2 books in the works and one of them has been said to be really good and not expecting. Lol. Its hard to appease everyone I suppose.

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Hmm, I wish authors came to my town.
That's interesting, how long have you been writing?
Unfortunately, my writing program has been down for quite some time, so I haven't been writing very much.
True, my mother says that all the time, trying to cook for three teenagers.

message 13: by Em (new) - rated it 1 star

Em Sabine is a badass.

message 14: by Em (new) - rated it 1 star

Em Btw, I see you like Silas. I like him, too. I love geeky, sarcastic guy characters, though ^^

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Ahahaha, I love geeky guys too! They're so much better than arrogant, big chested jocks. -.-

message 16: by Em (new) - rated it 1 star

Em Well, since geeky guys aren't as popular as jocks...more for us!

message 17: by Kat Stark (new)

Kat Stark lol, holy fucking cheeseballs indeed!

message 18: by Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) (last edited Aug 08, 2014 05:57PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Oh lord, my old reviews are so embarrassing >.>'

Selena Yukino (The Lioness: hear me roar) Really? I'm not seeing anything embarrassing.