Pamela 's Reviews > The Devil's Footprints

The Devil's Footprints by Amanda Stevens

Sep 26, 11

bookshelves: reviewed

** spoiler alert ** I've read a few of Stevens' books and I didn't think this one was all that great. You knew half-way thru that one of the characters, other than Sarah, suffered multiple personality disorder, but the question was, which one. The book started off strong but ended weak.

The one thing that really ticked me off about the book was Esme, the housekeeper that worked for Sarah's father. After all the years of secrets and lies, and with Sarah suffering such mental anguish that she turns to pills and alcohol, you would think Esme would tell her the truth. Nope. She doesn't. Instead, she keeps telling Sarah to drop it and Sarah doesn't press her. Excuse me?? I'm sorry but if was the one suffering like Sarah, I would be yelling and screaming, even putting a gun to Esme's head to be told the truth. It doesn't even make any sense

As for Sarah wondering why her father could never stand the sight of her, does the author seriously think the readers are that stupid not to figure it out right away? Ridiculous. Also, the author doesn't tie up a few loose ends, like, why was Lukas the way he was? Yes, he's been abused but some details would have been nice. Why doesn't Sarah go see the minister to confront him that he's her father? Nope. Even though as readers we know the answers, I just didn't like the way it novel ended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Footprints.