Lacey's Reviews > Clear Water

Clear Water by Amy Lane

Sep 01, 11

bookshelves: m-m, contemporary, age-difference, super-cute, humorous, adorable-mc, favorites
Read from August 30 to September 01, 2011

I absolutely adored Patrick in this story. He's so cute and spazzy and lovable, and all I wanted was for him to succeed and realize how awesome he is. And you can't help but love Whiskey for how he loves Patrick and takes care of him. Everyone should seriously have their very own Whiskey.

Unlike many of Amy Lane's novels, this one is very light on the angst. For the most part, it's a quirky, fun story sort of like If I Must. What angst there is isn't so much sad or drama, but instead it's Patrick's self-deprecating views of himself from having ADHD and the consequences of having a druggie ex-boyfriend.

Throughout his life no one's really understood Patrick or his disorder (including his father) so he's always been told that he's a fuckup and doesn't have his shit together and that he's nothing but a good lay so he begins to believe it all himself. It's not until Whiskey comes along that his view of himself begins to change. Whiskey is the first person to really see and understand Patrick. He's the one to show Patrick that he really had it together all along and that he's perfect as he is, even if he does occasionally hop from one thing to another or spaz out when he's nervous or embarrassed or throw things because he's upset.

I really fell in love with both Patrick and Whiskey, and I think you will, too. Go read this!! :D
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clear Water.

08/30/2011 page 20
9.0% ""The kid was a smart-ass. Of all the wide variety of asses - feminine and soft, male and hard, open and begging, reluctant and tight, Whiskey's most favorite, very bestest type of ass was this type right here. The snark-at-the-world smart-ass."" 2 comments
08/31/2011 page 49
21.0% ""I thought it was childish and immature." Whiskey's dark eyes narrowed and moved sideways to the thinking-things-through place. "Well, only in the way that comes with two testicles and a dumbstick." LMAO"
08/31/2011 page 80
35.0% "Aww, Whiskey thinks of Patrick as his little bunny because he's always hopping from one thing to another...and because he "bunny-nibbles" ;) Patrick is so adorable!!" 1 comment
08/31/2011 page 122
53.0% ""Yeah, okay. I'll go shower first. Do you think Fly Bait has any hair gel? My hair curls like a yeti's pubes in this humidity - I'm starting to figure out why product was invented!" LMAO! I really love Patrick."

Lacey Preordered from DSP...you can do it, too ;)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Unfortunately I don't have the money to :( I have to wait until I can afford to buy it lol

Lacey No money for books?!?! What is the world coming to? ...When you get money, you should definitely get this one first. I'm really liking it so far!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. I know! Aly says it's awesome. I'm hoping I can win it or something ^_^

Lacey Oh, that would solve everything!!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* And it'd be totally awesome to be able to read it right away! Lol

Lacey Definitely! Did you enter the one that was mentioned in the m/m group?

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* the one from Chris? yeah i think i did. I'll have to check, though. Thanks! :)

Lacey You're welcome!