AnnaBanana's Reviews > Night Walker

Night Walker by Lisa Kessler

Feb 25, 2014

bookshelves: ebooks-i-own, vampires
Read from June 08 to 11, 2012

What a stupendous start to this new series! From the very first page I was hooked! I had to know what was going to happen and I had to know now. Lisa's characters are so authentic and charming, I just fell in love with them right off. For the most part this is a new take on vampires and an interesting one at that. This secret world she's started has so much potential in future books, I'm really looking forward to where she takes these characters and the Night Walker world.

The story is well written and the characters very well built and for a first book in the series it's very well done. I didn't feel bombarded with information like in some first books and it definitely wasn't lacking information either.

Callisto was really a great character, very mysterious and I totally dig a man of mystery. I love that he's totally anti-vampire, very insistent that he's a Night Walker and that there's a big difference. His devotion to his long lost love is heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. To live so long without your other half, that's gotta hurt but he did it all for the chance at seeing her again. I love the thought of a man waiting so long just to see his soulmate again, so sweet! And Kate was a great character too, the perfect match for Callisto if you ask me. A little flakey at times, she tended to run if things got too hard for her but for what she's been through it didn't bother me too much. It was to be expected. Their chemistry made up for that anyways. The love scenes were scorching, very sexy! Loved it!

I'm curious about which characters will pop up in future books, especially after that ending. It really hooked me in for the next book because I just gotta know! :)

Overall I give this book 4.5 Stars, and I recommend all vampire lovers read it! I think it's definitely worth your time and money! I'd also recommend it to other paranormal romance lovers. It's always refreshing to find something new and different and this book is definitely that!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Walker.

06/08/2012

Lisa Kessler YAY!!! So glad you enjoyed the book Anna!!!

Thanks for reading and reviewing Night Walker!!!

Lisa :)