Jill's Reviews > Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey

F_50x66
Aug 18, 11

Read in August, 2011

Summary: Men are simple creatures. If they like you and are serious about being in a relationship with you they will do these three things: 1) Profess (give you a title, such as "girlfriend") 2) Provide (buy dinner; fix things around the house) 3) Protect.

The three things men are looking for in a woman: 1) Support 2) Loyalty 3) "The Cookie" (yes, it means what you think it means)

Five questions a woman should always ask a man to determine whether he's a "keeper": 1) What are your short-term goals? 2) What are your long-term goals? 3) What do you think of relationships (find out about his relationship with his mother & father) 4) What do you THINK of me? 5) How do you FEEL about me?

Those five questions in combination with gently making your "requirements" clear at the beginning of the relationship should, in theory, land you a good man.

Honestly, I was surprised by how informative I found this book. Yes, there are some extreme characterizations of both genders... but I think it may lay out a few basic truths about what needs to be communicated at the front end of a relationship if you want it to last, or to figure out if it's the RIGHT relationship for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man.