Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Clear Water

Clear Water by Amy Lane

As horrible as this sounds, I put off reading this book because of the cover. There's just something about it I don't like. However, I ended up loving the story so shame on me!

We meet Patrick Cleary who's rich, beautiful and a bit of a slut but has ADHD that makes him a total spaz and is constantly told he's a loser, worthless, and totally unable to do anything with his life. In comes Wesley "Whiskey" Keenan, scientist, nerd and all around gorgeous bisexual man. He saves Patrick's life when Patrick's ex-boyfriend leaves him for dead trapped in a car in a lake. Whiskey and his friend/colleague, Fly Bait, take Patrick in. While there, Patrick becomes their assistant and learns more about himself, realizes he can be normal and loved and respected for trying instead of disgusted for failing. He falls for Whiskey and Whiskey falls for him. It's a completely sweet story with funny lines, scenes and cute dialogue and frogs.

I think one of the reasons I really loved this story was because of who Patrick is. His constantly jumbled brain causes him to go completely crazy and jerky at times that are the most inconvenient. I had a good laugh over the times he'd knock things over or hit Whiskey in the stomach without meaning too. I also really liked how patient and caring Whiskey was with Patrick. Patrick needed kid gloves and Whiskey gave that to him with a side of lovin'. Fly Bait played a major role in this book because whenever Whiskey and Patrick didn't know how to talk to each other, she'd step in and make them see the error of their ways.

The only thing I didn't like about this story was the constant need to bring up Whiskey's bisexuality. I didn't need to know how gorgeous or beautiful or sex on legs a woman was every time she came into a scene. It got rather annoying and I really, really did not need to know how said woman would make Whiskey hard. I like to live in a fairy tale where the MCs only have eyes for each other. I realize how ridiculous that sounds but I don't want to know about how banging a chick is when she's not the MC.

Overall, I really loved the book. Patrick is adoring and Whiskey is the perfect partner for him. I liked the way Patrick's father got a second chance and knowing that Patrick and Whiskey can make it even when they aren't together. Also, I'm greedy and selfish enough to want a sequel. I'd definitely recommend this, though. It's not as angsty as Ms. Lane's other stories but it's a captivating and interesting story that held my attention from the first page.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clear Water.

06/29/2012
06/29/2012
47.0% ""Nail him until he's flat.""
show 2 hidden updates…