Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Inheritance

Inheritance by Lissa Kasey

This book and this series is definitely a favorite of mine now! It's a fun read that's sexy with just enough suspense to have you hoping for everything to turn out alright.

I fell in love with Seiran from the start. He's such a broken man who's been tortured by just about everyone because of being born a male witch. School is rough for him because he gets teased and picked on and everything is made harder for him because he looks effeminate. He's sexy and knows how to work his charms and has a tendency to attract the worst guys. He's cute in ways and his OCD was very enlightening as well as fascinating. He also panics and freaks when anything related to a relationship is said or brought to his attention; he doesn't do relationship because he's scared he'll get hurt again from being in one. Gabe, Seiran's lover and boss, is a mystery at first. I wasn't sure if I liked him but as the book progressed I started to adore him, too, because it's obvious how much he loves Seiran. He's willing to wait, has been waiting, for Seiran to realize Gabe will never get bored of him and finally allow their relationship to evolve from what it's currently at.

The story revolves around a series of murders that are directly and indirectly related to Seiran and Gabe. It wasn't highly original but very entertaining and I enjoyed watching everything unfold and for things to be brought into the light. Trying to guess whodunnit was a nice treat, IMO. I also enjoyed seeing Seiran grow not only as a person but with his magic as well. I loved the take on magic and the world created by it. It fascinated me and had me craving for more of everything.

I had one or two minor problems with the story (view spoiler) as well as a few questions (view spoiler) but otherwise I enjoyed this book very much even if the ending was a bit rushed.

In the end, this book and these characters became favorites of mine. Seiran and his oddities made this book a fun, sexy and pleasant read. Definitely looking forward to reading more of Seiran and Gabe in the future! Absolutely recommended.

ETA: I forgot to mention how much I adored Jamie! Oy! He was so cute and protective. Even when he was confused he was cute. I just wanted to give him a hug. Right after giving one to Seiran ;P

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inheritance.

12/31/2011
17.0% "First read of the year!"
01/01/2012
34.0% "Wow wow wow. What the hell is going on?!?"
01/01/2012
64.0% "I love this book so far. At first I thought Seiran was too much like Jory but he's not TSTL so I really love him. His OCD is so cute and his life kinda sucks right now :("
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Td (new) - rated it 4 stars

Td There it goes, moving up the list. Thanks for the review, Nikyta and for tagging the spoilers. I'll read those after I read the book. :D

MsMiz (Tina) I told you you would like this! Or did I? I told someone! hee

message 3: by Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* (last edited Jan 10, 2012 03:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* @Td I hope you like it as much as I did! I had to read the rest of the series back to back. I couldn't get enough of Seiran or Gabe ;P And yes don't read the spoilers until after you've read this one! LOL

@Tina Hahaha, yes you did tell me that! And I did love it. I want more more more more more!!!!! :P

Lola rape? maybe he like brock and....

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Nope. Don't think so

Lola well so far, he seems like a whore.... -.-

Maybe the author decided to have him raped, and this is suppose to transform him into a better person?

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Well obviously the author decided to have him raped or else it wouldn't have been in the book. Whether it is supposed to transform him into a better person I think is going to be up to the reader. We all take things in different ways and no doubt the significance of the rape is going to vary between each reader.

Lola Nikyta wrote: "Well obviously the author decided to have him raped or else it wouldn't have been in the book. Whether it is supposed to transform him into a better person I think is going to be up to the reader. ..."

But you didn't have a problem with the underage rape in That's What Brothers Do. o.0

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Well, then it was necessary. He was SOLD into slavery. Well, more like he gave himself up into slavery.

You can't really compare the two. Both books are vastly different. Brothers is dark and painful while this one is just about the opposite. The rape didn't need to happen in this one while in Brothers it was essentially the focus of the whole beginning.

Right now you're confusing me

message 10: by Lola (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lola Nikyta wrote: "Well, then it was necessary. He was SOLD into slavery. Well, more like he gave himself up into slavery.

I think you're confusing yourself. :D rape is wrong no matter what the circumstances are, whether through physical force or through coercion.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Ooh. So this is a lesson? Gotcha.

I know rape is wrong. I'm not an idiot but this is fiction and there's only so many 'right' things I can read before I get bored of it. Rape puts things into a better perspective it adds the emotions And angst I'm looking for. At least if it's done right. Even though it's wrong I still enjoy reading it and there's nothing wrong with that.

Bookwatcher Can I give my opinion without be massacred?
Ok, I don't think Ares is trying to give you a lesson N. He ask me the same things about books with rape. Why I like it, how could I read it, how can I read some kind of rape, and refuse another.
I don't see it as an aggressive questioning, because I answer the same question many times. And I think it's valid, to someone ask me this, because I understand it can be strange to someone, I like books like That's What Brothers Do, while I can't in any circumstances read a book about a character being abused in his infancy.

And now, Ares and N will be mad because I said something
-.-"

Hummm ok, bye :-)
It's just my opinion! Sorry :-(

message 13: by Lola (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lola i just really hate that book, That's What Brothers Do

Bookwatcher Ares wrote: "i just really hate that book, That's What Brothers Do"

Oh dear I know it
I still remember the huge fight we had, because of it
And I learn my lesson and NEVER again add comments trying to defend you or a writer
Things got ugly between you and Derekica that time
:-(

BUT it's all in the past now
:-)

And I understand your hate and why you are always asking me (or in this case Nikita) about how much we can or not read when the theme is rape

Well, anyway, yeah, I know you dislike that book -.-"

Bookwatcher Ares wrote: "i just really hate that book, That's What Brothers Do"

I want more Adam

:-D

Oh HELL YEAH I'll bug you asking for more! XD

message 16: by Lola (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lola lol, so many stories so little time.

message 17: by Deja (new) - added it

Deja Dei I hated Cake, just disgusted but that's no commentary on this series. I'll give it a chance. Just sickened by rape as a plot device, lazy and reprehensible, ew.

Bookwatcher Ares wrote: "lol, so many stories so little time."

LMAO

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* I couldnt get into Cake, Deja. I've tried reading it probably about ten times and each time I can never get past a few chapters

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Not going to be mad at you, C. It's your own opinion and there's no reason for someone to get mad at you for stating it. Unless you force it down your throat but you didn't so I'm not mad

message 21: by Lola (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lola Nikyta wrote: "Not going to be mad at you, C. It's your own opinion and there's no reason for someone to get mad at you for stating it. Unless you force it down your throat but you didn't so I'm not mad"

Yeah chamilia, you ought to shove it down people's throat.

Chamilia: "you don't believe in Jesus? Die!"
"You disrespect Brazil? die!"
"you make fun of my cleavage? Die!"

Bookwatcher Ares wrote: "Yeah chamilia, you ought to shove it down people's throat.
Chamilia: "you don't believe in Jesus? Die!"
"You disrespect Brazil? die!"
"you make fun of my cleavage? Die!""

:D
noooo
I never did it
:-)

message 23: by Deja (new) - added it

Deja Dei Nikyta wrote: "I couldnt get into Cake, Deja. I've tried reading it probably about ten times and each time I can never get past a few chapters"

I thought it was terrible.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Yeah, I don't think I'll be finding out any time soon

message 25: by Lola (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lola Deja wrote: "Nikyta wrote: "I couldnt get into Cake, Deja. I've tried reading it probably about ten times and each time I can never get past a few chapters"

I thought it was terrible."

Here's the summary of cake: anal rape anal rape anal rape anal rape....

message 26: by Deja (new) - added it

Deja Dei Ares, LOL, that's about right, you just left out typos and poor grammar...

If there's one thing I can't stomach it's when somebody falls in love with the rapist.

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews i want these to read these

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* They're really good Ang!