Michelle's Reviews > Deadworld

Deadworld by J.N. Duncan

1951344
Aug 19, 11

Deadworld is the first book in the Deadworld series by J.N. Duncan and an Urban Fantasy from Kensington.

Book Blurb:

She’s as tough as anything haunting Chicago’s streets. But to deal with an inhuman power that won’t stay buried, this FBI agent needs help that comes at an immortal price...

Jackie Rutledge has seen her share of supernatural killers. But her latest murder case is what recurring nightmares are made of. Brutally exsanguinated human victims, vanishing into the ether evidence, and a city on the edge of panic mean that she and her psychic partner, Laurel, are going to need more than just backup...

My thoughts:

Jackie Rutledge is carrying around a lot of baggage. To cope - she drinks. When she drinks she loses respect for all boundaries. This behavior has finally escalated to the point that her partner, Laurel, has had enough. So has her superior.

The latest case Jackie and Laurel are working on is bad. Really bad. Laurel is psychic and she can feel the evil surrounding this perp.

What little evidence the two have lead them to confront P.I. Nick Anderson - and Laurel is sure that there is more than meets the eye as far as Nick is concerned.

Jackie’s investigation leads to more questions about Nick’s past. Because something happened in Nick’s past that is directly related to the present murders.

Deadworld was an okay read. I found it slow going in spots and thought it could have been wrapped up a little quicker.

I give Deadworld 2 out of 5 stars.

Product Details

Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Kensington (April 1, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0758255667
ISBN-13: 978-0758255662

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadworld.