Katy's Reviews > Walking With Zombies

Walking With Zombies by Ian Woodhead

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: ebook
Recommended to Katy by: Ian Woodhead
Recommended for: fans of zombie horror
Read on April 17, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Book Info: Genre: Horror/ZombiesReading Level: Adult

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this eBook from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Stockholm Club. Have we got a special treat for you tonight! We’re privileged to have with us, a highly talented county and western singer, all the way from exotic Birmingham. I know that you’ll give the lad a fantastic Yorkshire welcome.

Don’t forget, the first drink is on the house. Now before all you geriatric parasites slouch over to the bar and start making your way through my alcohol, I’d just also like to mention that there is a chance that some of my staff may turn into flesh eating zombies as the night wears on.

In fact, I think I can confidently predict that most of you will resemble jackal stripped zebra carcasses before the dawn sun makes an appearance.

So please enjoy tonight’s live entertainment and drink like there’s no tomorrow. Let’s face it; you ain’t going to be seeing it.

Despite attempts to quarantine the Breakspear housing estate, the infection has somehow spread further into the city. Whole neighbourhoods are falling to the undead plague. On the outskirts, the staff and customers of the Stockholm Club have no idea that the moaning dead are slowly shambling towards them.

My Thoughts: This is book two of the Zombie Armageddon series by Ian Woodhead, following The Unwashed Dead. Book 3 is called Infected Bodies, just FYI. I read The Unwashed Dead just a couple of days ago and quite liked it, despite my general preference to avoid traditional zombie fiction. Despite a need for additional editing, it was quite a fun read. Walking with Zombies was even better. Again the book started with various character vignettes, but in this case all characters had a commonality in the Stockholm Club, and as the story progressed, the characters gradually consolidated into the same location. Fascinating, fast-paced, and with some unconventional twists that I quite enjoyed, this is a feast for zombie lovers. Check it out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walking With Zombies.

04/17/2012
2.0% "Will be heading to the doctor in another 1 1/2 hours, will probably start a new book once there. I have several more Ian Woodhead books I should probably get read, just to keep things together :-)"