Fictitious Delicious's Reviews > Forgotten

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Aug 29, 11

bookshelves: reviewed-by-jen

Posted to www.fictitiousdelicious.com on 8/18/11.

FORGOTTEN is a stand alone novel that came into my life just when it needed to. This quick read grabbed my attention right from the book flap. It’s kinda like the movie “50 First Dates”, but with more meat. And a different type of memory loss. And a different type of heroine. And a different story line. Oh, never mind. It's not really much like "50 First Dates".

This book scores high in almost every category that I deem important in a book that I’ll going to fall in love with. Let’s review these items, shall we?

Interesting plotline? Oh, yeah. Nothing else like this that I know of. London Lane suffers from an incredibly frustrating “disorder” in which she loses her memory every day at 4:33 am. She is able to remember what happens to her and her loved ones in the FUTURE, but has no idea what happened just yesterday. And when the future she sees happens and becomes part of the past…it’s gone.

Strong heroine? Check. The way London refuses to play the role of a victim and has managed to live her life in spite of her situation makes me love her. And you know what? She isn’t without her faults. She makes some poor decisions along the way and works hard to redeem herself. Sweet.

Hot Boy? Enter Luke Henry from stage right. Luke is the HOT new boy at school who’s immediately drawn to London, but she has no future recollection of him. This is all very worrisome to her, but she continues to develop a relationship with him because he’s gorgeous she begins having vivid memories of which he may be part of after all. Oh, and he’s not perfect either. (YAY!) Watching him work hard to right a wrong is a real treat. Me likey.

Kisses? Some PG-13 kisses are found in the pages of FORGOTTEN. THANK. GOODNESS. I was in need of some swoon worthy kissing scenes in my current reads and I got it here. I wouldn’t mind parking with Luke Henry. Well, if my husband says its okay, I mean. Which he TOTALLY will. He knows I have a weakness for hot fictional guys. It’ll be fine.

Twists and Turns? You betcha! You’ll be surprised by a twist and a turn at the ending that comes up waaay too fast. I know Cat Patrick was very intentional in her writing of the ending and after reading her explanation as to why it is the way it is, I understand and certainly respect her choice. The selfish part of me wishes she would have added another 50 pages of make-out scenes after the climax of the book and developed the aftermath a bit more for the reader. This was my one and ONLY complaint of the book and it's hard to mark down such a thing when it is exactly as the author intended. It's simply a matter of personal preference.

All in all, a delicious read that I will recommend over and over again.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten.