Rachel's Reviews > Diviner

Diviner by Bryan Davis

5196923
Aug 22, 11

As we enter book 3 in the Dragons of Starlight, Jason and his father are returning to the Southlands when a they meet up with Elyssa and then one of them is kidnapped by a dragon and must be rescued before they are exicuted. Koren, mean while, learns more about Exudose and tries to make the slaves see their slavery but find that having someone see the truth and fight for something is harder than it sounds. As they all learn lessons about what slavery and freedom really is, things about themselves, and turning more to the Creator, a new threat comes that could destroy all of human kind, but not just on Dracon but Major Four as well.

I liked this book, much like I like most of Bryan Davis's work, but I was a uncomfortable with the remaking of one of the characters and infusing in them their old spirit. The idea just kinda seemed wired and strange to me. But there was also a lot of good examples and great growth in the characters. An exciting end is promised with the next book.

In exchange for an honest review, I received this book for free though Zondervan through the Z Street Team.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diviner.