Laurie Garrison 's Reviews > Cat O' Nine Tails

Cat O' Nine Tails by Patricia Leever

Aug 18, 2011

bookshelves: author-request, historical-romance, requests, keepers, favorites, vampire
Read from August 26 to 27, 2011

I have no clue what I was thinking when I started this book but it was nothing like I thought. It surprised me all the way around. I love the way the author didn’t tell all in the blurb like most do now days, so you get some great surprises in the story. Not only do you get one love story between the hero and heroine but you get an extra surprise with the hero’s brothers love affair.

Let me first state this story will not be for the faint of heart. Yes, it has its cruel moments and the author tells pretty much all of it. But you have to look at the title and wonder where it fits in and when you find out you might not like it one bit. I know I didn’t but I still found it brilliant and unexpected, even though I was cringeing at the time.

The heroine Aeron is great. I love that she is a strong willed pirate that will slit anyone through that does wrong to people. Yep, she’s more of a robin hood to some ladies but with all that she has went thought I sure don’t blame her. Plus I loved that she get the right hero for her, Orrin. He’s one that will not break her spirit, he loves her just like she is, sword, scars and all.

One problem some will have is the characters all fall for each other very, very quickly without fuss. I didn’t mind it so much with everything else going on in the story. I will say this could have been easily made into two books and a lot of detail brought out that would have knocked some socks off. But since this is the first book by this author I am not going to harp on things because I am very much impressed and know she will expand more as she grows in writing.

I highly recommend this new author and book to anyone who likes historical romance and pirates.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cat O' Nine Tails.

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Thank you so much Laurie, I'm glad you enjoyed overall! <3

Laurie Garrison Patricia wrote: "Thank you so much Laurie, I'm glad you enjoyed overall! <3"

Your welcome! I can't wait to see what you have coming out next.

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ hii.. i notice u liked the book.. just wanted to ask if it contains any dirty content(sexual.. ) i like clean romance ... is the romance story good ?? thanx

message 4: by Laurie (last edited Aug 27, 2012 07:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laurie Garrison If you mean it has detailed sex then yes, it does and if your one that doesn't like sex well you better skip this one because it also has scenes of abuse. I found on the other day that doesn't go into the sex http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13... as a matter a fact it has no sex at all just a couple mention of breast scenes but not much at all.

I would suggest if you don't like reading sexual content, then stay away from adult paranormal romance because they are the hottest romance book out there. Anywhere you see a review by me means the book has sex unless I state otherwise.

I have a daughter that likes them clean and if she finds anything she will write it in her review. http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/24...

I just noticed no wonder your confused about this book. I have no clue who tagged this YA but it is not, this is an adult book. I glad you asked before you got this one.

Hope that helps, if not let me know

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ Laurie wrote: "If you mean it has detailed sex then yes, it does and if your one that doesn't like sex well you better skip this one because it also has scenes of abuse. I found on the other day that doesn't go i..."

thank you very much.. i don't read sexual contents that is not my type of romance, and yes i like a clean sweet romance, i also thought that YA don't contain such content but recently i encountered a book that contains such things, i was actually disappointed bcs not only i didn't expect such things i actually had hopes for this book but it disappointed me and ended up as a dnf.. :D

message 6: by Laurie (last edited Aug 27, 2012 12:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laurie Garrison Fafiliebe wrote: "Laurie wrote: "If you mean it has detailed sex then yes, it does and if your one that doesn't like sex well you better skip this one because it also has scenes of abuse. I found on the other day th..."

I see a lot of people are confused between adult and YA in the paranormal romance and it could be because some do have sex in them. At anytime you want to ask me about a book no matter if I have it on my list please feel free to. I hate to waste money on a book that I don't like. I was just changing my shelves around and I remembered a series I love and there is no sex. It's not totally paranormal it's more mystery but it does have some paranormal in it and they are fun to read. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/66...

This author also goes by another pen name Heather Blake, she is really nice and you can just contact her and ask if her new series has sex. I say not but I am not totally for sure. I have the series to read but I just haven't gotten to it yet. http://www.heatherblakebooks.com/

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ Laurie wrote: "Fafiliebe wrote: "Laurie wrote: "If you mean it has detailed sex then yes, it does and if your one that doesn't like sex well you better skip this one because it also has scenes of abuse. I found o..."
thank u very much.. so sweet of u. and sure i will ask u whenever i need to.. :D
ohh and i will check the series u gave me :)