JenniferJ's Reviews > Retribution

Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Aug 18, 2011

Read from August 18 to 23, 2011 — I own a copy

I must first confess this is the first book ever I have read from Sherrilyn and am guilty of only grabbing it after seeing the hot trailer for it. I saw that trailer and OMG just had to rush out and get Retribution! I am usually so very anal about needing to read books in order if they are in a series but was assured that I should be able to read these without worrying about that. So I took a chance and broke my "code" lol

I really enjoyed the story and Jess I could just melt for with his quirky attitude and humor. But Abigail....I really really wanted to knock her senseless when she first came into the picture. She was like a loose cannon killing anything that moved and had an air of hostility based soley on sombody elses word. I dont think I could just go on a killing rampage like that without having some kind of actual proof. In her defence though she really did do alot of changing and growing up in Retribution once she followed her heart and not her loose emotions and eventually her and Jess joined forces to right some wrongs that had been set into motion.

I did feel a bit overwhelmed during my reading at times because I felt like there were so many evil things and people involved that I couldn't keep anybody straight except for basically Jess and Abigail but as I mentioned already this was my first book of Sherrilyn's and already have done some research and gathered that alot of these creatures and persons were introduced and in previous stories and I just need to go back and start at the beginning which I FULLY intend on doing!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Retribution.