JenniferJ's Reviews > Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Feb 27, 12

bookshelves: z2012, absolute-favorite-books
Read in February, 2012

OMG this has been one of my all time favorites so far this year! I completely fell in love with Cinder's story and what a unique story it was. I just loved the fairy tale retelling. Cinder made me laugh and at times I wanted to cry and be so very angry. The ending was sort of bittersweet leaving me feeling sad because of the way things were left with Prince Kai and I cant wait for the next installment of Cinder so I can see The Lunar Queen get hers because she does have it coming that's for sure! She is so mean and vindictive..almost could be a sister to Cinder's stepmother! She is just being so unreasonable.

Cinder is a true Cinderella in my book as everybody she cares about has been taken from her at some point and time but she has the spirit and spunk of a warrior and I just know she is going to come back all systems blazing and kick some serious butt in the next book and I will be right there front row and center to cheer her on!

IN lieu of reading the book I listened to the CD version from Macmillan Audio and Rebecca Soler did a Fantastic job reading it! She had a separate tone/voice for each character and her voice was not dull like some audio's I've listened to. Thanks again MacMillan!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brianna Kilcrease I just started it and can't seem to get into it but all my friends loved it. Wander why that is?