Kristin's Reviews > The Money Class: Learn to Create Your New American Dream

The Money Class by Suze Orman

Mar 22, 12

bookshelves: career, economy, how-to, money, retirement, savings
Recommended for: Everybody
Read from August 18 to 26, 2011, read count: 1

Because it is written in a way that let's readers pick and choose what chapters to read, it is often repetitive if you read the whole thing through, but hey, a lot the advice she gives on these issues warrants repeating.

I read it all, even the parts that don't really apply to me yet and it was eye opening. I am so jealous that my parents didn't do any of the things she suggests parents do to teach their kids about money. No wonder I was still clueless as an adult! Anyway, now I feel ready to tackle saving more and planning for my retirement armed with Suze's "stand in your financial truth" mantra.

Doesn't get into all the nitty gritty but that didn't diminish any of the advice - it allowed the book to be thorough without getting too technical. Bottom line, it's a good overview of how to best navigate all the crucial financial issues facing people of all ages right now. I would recommend it to everybody, but especially people in their 20's and 30's that can get on the right track before life events and getting older make it more difficult to be in a good financial place.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Money Class.

03/11/2012 "Rereading relevant chapters"