Jessie Carty's Reviews > 2012 Poet's Market

2012 Poet's Market by Robert Lee Brewer

Sep 24, 11

When editor, Robert Lee Brewer, asked me if I'd like to write a blurb for the 2012 Poet's Market I was thrilled! I've bought and used various copies of Poet's Market since about 1996. This is a wonderfully updated edition with essays on craft, seeking publication, and the process of marketing yourself to name a few. Speaking of marketing, I love how many of the article writers in this edition that I "know": at least virtually, including Collin Kelley, Sandra Beasley, and Jeannine Hall Gailey just to name a few.

It takes a lot of work for Robert to keep a print edition current, and he does the trick with this extremely helpful book. I do have to giggle a bit about how different my life is from the interview with me that he included, but I love reading back and seeing how much I still agree with that me. READ I always tell aspiring writers, READ.

The book also contains the very detailed lit mag (Referential makes its first appearance!), contest, book publisher etc lists included. I rather like the new format (the last issue I had still used the long paragraph style for entries versus this streamlined column look) of these alphabetized sections.

I look forward to recommending the Poet's Market to my friends and students. Great work, Robert!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 2012 Poet's Market.