Aditya's Reviews > The Secret of the Nagas

The Secret of the Nagas by Amish Tripathi

Aug 18, 11

bookshelves: indian-fiction, i-own
Read from August 17 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Loved it! A fitting sequel to the immortals of meluha and similar to that one, even this part is stopped at a very crucial juncture, to those who have the bad habit of reading the last page of a novel first, do not do so with this one ;)

Coming to the story, nothing much that i can talk about it without spoiling the experience for those who are yet to read it. This book eases down on the action a bit and has more of those interesting conversations with the Vasudevs/Pandits. There were a lot of new characters now, making it tough to remember who is who. And one more thing, this part totally turns the user impressions of the good vs evil, u will suddenly find good turning to evil and evil turning out to be good! We will end up almost as confused as Shiva himself ;)

One rouse is that i thought this book diverged from known 'facts' of Hindu mythology by a significant amount. Am not an expert on the Hindu mythology, so maybe it's just my impression! A must read to those who liked the first part!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of the Nagas.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ash (new) - added it

Ash deviates from facts? then I will not like it :(

Aditya dont bank on my comments, i am a total dud when it comes to mythology, maybe u shudn't be following an atheist's review for this book :P

message 3: by Rajat (new)

Rajat Pillai The novel that is making waves around the country, 'Chandragupta:Path of a Fallen Demigod' (NATIONAL BESTSELLER) is now on Flipkart and Infibeam. If your love a fast paced thriller and love Indian history/culture. This novel is for you.