Cristy's Reviews > The Fellowship of the Ring

The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

Aug 23, 11

Read in August, 2011

I just loved this book! I haven't read this since probably middle school, and it was just a delight and a privilege to read it again. Some people have mentioned to me that this book was a bit tedious for them to get through, not enjoying the descriptions of the journey's and the "ramblings" of the history, but I just have to completely disagree! I thought all the historical references just gave such richness to the story, and really made their whole world believable. It really made it seem that they were fighting for something that needed saving, and was worth saving. I just love how it contains such great metaphors for our own real lives, even without elves and magic and remarkable adventures and horrible evils. It is just nice to be reminded that vast amounts of time are needed to accomplish anything great. (These books span long amounts of time) I love how even though their is horrific evil destroying their world, they can't completely focus on that every second, but have to find joy in the journey so to speak. "All we have is the time we are given." May 2009

I just finished this book again for the third time. This book truly is a masterpiece: it doesn't seem to matter how many times I read it, I glean something new from it each time. Such rich characters, each one bringing thoughts to the reader, questions they have of themselves, questions of their own abilities and strengths and weaknesses. Can't wait to start the next book, again!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fellowship of the Ring.