MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-»'s Reviews > The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

OH GOD, Adrian and Sydney...Sydney/Adrian....WHAT JUST HAPPENED????? I have a HUH? look on my face right now or maybe my face just says HOLY SHIT KEBABS!!! Whatever.....I still DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!!

description

I don't think, I'll survive waiting for The Indigo Spell to come out so I know what happens next....I might just die.......*sigh*

UPDATE!!!

Richelle Mead.....“HOLY SMOKING MONKEYS!!!!” I can’t even begin to explain how much I loved this book! It was fantastic, amazing, off the charts hot, and God, I just LOVED IT!! :D *fan-girling* Okay okay....*deep breath*

The Golden Lily was a perfect sequel to this series. It had everything I wanted in a sequel...and it didn’t disappoint. Ms. Mead delivered the right blend of suspense, mystery, action, drama, romance and even humor. It was simply perfect! I was enthralled with the first word and I just kept on reading from there until it was finished. I am literally starving for the next novel, The Indigo Spell, to come out! I want more Sydrian, more action and yes more, hotter than the sun, romance and sexual tension! *looking at time* Nope, still not time yet....*sigh*...This is going to be one LONG torturous wait.

And if Bloodlines got your attention, then be warned The Golden Lily will have you addicted!! No...seriously...not joking. -_- It was just simply sensational and mind blowing!

Sydney....This girl just keeps growing on me! I loved her character in this book. She was kick-ass, brave, smart, funny, understanding and yes...I have a total hero complex going on here! But Sydney was truly wonderful. She seems perfect on the outside but like any other girl has her weaknesses and insecurities. And I love that in a great main character! The best quality I love about Sydney is her undying loyalty for what she believes is right. Not once does she turn her back once she commits to something, and I really admired that about her. Not to mention her growing feelings for vampires. She is starting to see beyond the exterior and I was constantly proud of her for at least trying! *cheering* And I just LOVED her for understanding and accepting Adrian for he is. She doesn’t take his excuses, but challenges him to improve. Like I said, she’s growing on me, and I can’t wait until she finally bursts from her shell! Maybe...Marcus Finch will be able to help....Hmmmm....*calling him on the phone....*

Adrian was...*dreamy sigh...* Yeah he was...*swoon*...*clears throat*, what I’m trying to say is he was AMAZING! It’s hard not to love him, with his quirky remarks and reactions to everything and his charming side! I’m a sucker for guys like Adrian, and he totally has my heart! I just love him! And in this book, you see Adrian open up a little with Sydney and honestly I just really wanted to punch his dad in the face! What an asshole! *deep breath* Adrian has a vulnerable side, and you get to see it in this book.....but don’t worry he’s still a tough bad boy...and sexy as hell! LOL ;p

And OMG.....I completely think, The Golden Lily, made up for the lack of romance in the first book! It was hot and scorching and just heart stopping! *SQUEE* Sydrian all the way baby! Adrian and Sydney grow closer together in this book, and you can start to see their relationship becoming something more. It isn’t resolved just yet, but the chemistry is just off the pages! I loved their bickering and their subtle glances at each other and the way they would tense up when their skin brushed together. God, I was a smiling fool and I loved every moment of it! This couple is perfect together and I can’t wait for more!

The other characters were all a very nice aspect of this book. I really liked having Dimitri and Sonya back, even if they only play parts in the story. It was refreshing to see old faces. :) As for Jill, truth be told, her love life is a mess. I mean sure she breaks up with Micah, and wants to give Eddie a try, but I feel as if that wouldn’t work out. I really liked her with Micah, and am hoping he comes back! D: As for Eddie, I LOVE HIM!! I don’t like the Eddie/Jill couple but I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVVE the Eddie/Angeline couple! Angeline is a fun new addition to their group and this chick is kick-ass! She kinda reminds me of Rose. LOL ;p She’s hilarious and I really want more of her and Eddie! :D As for all the hype about Brayden (love interest for Sage), I didn’t like him at all. I thought he was snobby, and way to smart for my liking. I’m just glad his part is over and done with! I am excited about Marcus Finch though. he sounds hot and he should make things very interesting between Sydney and Adrian! I can't wait! LOL ;p

Overall, I loved this book! Richelle Mead you are just amazing! The action, humor, sexy romance, character development, suspense and mystery all got me hooked. I never once wanted to put this down. A definite must-read for all VA fans and everyone else on the planet! It is worth it! Besides, with the added idea of witches thrown into the mix, The Indigo Spell should be something else entirely! You don’t want to miss that do you? I know, I don’t!

Fave Quotes:

"But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh."

“He shouldn't have said that," repeated Adrian, eerily serious. He leaned his face toward mine. "I don't care if he's not the emotional type or the complimentary type or what. No one can look at you in this dress, in all that fire and gold, and start talking about anachronisms. If I were him, I would have said, 'You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth.”

"'The slush. That thing's like 99 percent sugar. You just drank one, Sage.'
'Maybe you drank liquid sugar. Mine was sugar free.' I hoped I sounded convincing."

“You're in an awfully good mood," he observed. "Was there a sale at Khakis-R-Us?”

"But perhaps the best of all was that I, Sydney Katherine Sage, guilty of constantly analyzing the world around me, well, I stopped thinking"

This Review is also Posted at: Literary Love Affair

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden Lily.

Quotes MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Liked

Richelle Mead
“Adrian, I'm on a date. Why are you here? On my car?”

Richelle Mead
“I felt the need to clarify we were there for the self defense class, in case he also taught about dog breeding or riding the high seas.”

Richelle Mead
“Isn’t it obvious, Sage? No, of course it isn’t. I did it so I’d have a reason to be around you — one I knew you couldn’t refuse.”

Richelle Mead
“Sorry, Ms. Terwilliger. I'm flattered that you think I'm such an upstanding person, but I'm already caught up in one epic battle of good versus evil. I don't need another.”

Richelle Mead
“Sydney, this is the kind of shirt that says, ‘You’re never getting in here.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian stood there leaning against the doorframe, watching me with his heart in his eyes. In my chest, my own heart was breaking. On my cheek, the lily reminded me who I was. ”

Richelle Mead
“I wanted someone a little more approachable," I explained.
"What, like Captain McTropicalShorts back there? Where on earth did you find him anyway?"
"Just did an Internet search." Feeling a need to defend my research, I added, "He comes highly recommended."
"By who? Long John Silver?”

Richelle Mead
“Nothing he said could change what I think of you. I've had my mind made up about you for a long time... and it's all good.”

Richelle Mead
“I'm telling you, I wanted to. But I was trapped. You of all people should know what it's like being caught between groups”

Richelle Mead
“The question was which spell did I make? Which did I have time to make?
The answer was eerily simple.
I had time to make all of them.”

Richelle Mead
“But perhaps the best part of all was that I, Sydney Katherine Sage, guilty of constantly analyzing the world around me, well, I stopped thinking.”

Richelle Mead
“I tried to be a better person for her– but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.”
Richelle Mead, The Golden Lily

08/13/2012 "Finally starting this! Super excited!! :D"
08/13/2012 page 105
25.0% "I don't think I'm going to like Brayden so much...in the way of Adrian buddy! Serious NO NO! -_-"
08/15/2012 page 125
30.0% "Awww...Adrian standing up for Sydney! My superman! :D"
08/18/2012 page 165
39.0% "OH MY GOD! I didn't think Adrian could get any sexier.....obviously Richelle Mead plotted to prove me wrong!! And Sydney's red dress...*swoon*...I LOVE RED DRESSES! LOL ;p" 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Taya I know right! I was NOT expecting that to happen between them!! :O

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» YES YES YES!!! I am jumping off my seat for The Indigo Spell! LOL ;p

Stormy Oh be quiet. I told you it would happen. LOL You just didn't know it was going to be THAT good, huh?

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» I know I know I know...*sigh* But seriously that was a blow to my head....it wasn't just good...it was crazy!! :D

Stormy LOL...How crazy is she? I would have ripped the clothes off that vampire.

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Dude, I would have been right behind you! LOL XD But I understand why she had to do it......and this will only make things more fun and cute between the two...not to mention the sexual tension! :D

Stormy ha ha. I'm sure there will be bunches of sexual tention in the next book. atleast I hope so. I hope he does a Daemon Tease. lol

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» LOL! I hope so too! I am just super super duper excited for this Marcus Finch guy to come into the picture. He sounds really HOT! :D

Stormy Oh shit? Who's that? LOL

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Wait you didn't read this yet?? And he's a rogue alchemist!! LOVE TRIANGLE........WOOT WOOT!!! Adrian is gonna be one jealous/hilarious guy! XD

Stormy Oh! SHIT! Yeah, I read it and I know who you are talking about now. I just needed to be reminded. LOL You think there's going to be a love triangle with them? I thought he would be older?

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» OH HELL TO THE YEAH!!!!!!! And Sydney said he was about the same age as her??

Stormy Oh, I don't know. I can't remember. Maybe. Is the blurb up for Indigo Spell?

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Yes long time ago...I also put up some Adrian teasers Richelle posted. They are hilarious!! XD

Stormy I can't remember if I've read it. LOL

Are they in your review?

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Yeah, I put them in The Indigo Spell Review.

Stormy okey dokey.

Stormy Love your review, Maida.

I also love this quote:

It shows just how well of a kisser Adrian is. LOL

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Thanks! And I know right!!! LOL ;p I probably would have been in the same position as her too! :D