Raena's Reviews > The Ideal Man

The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood

F 50x66
Aug 18, 2011

Read in August, 2011

Julie Garwood is an auto buy for me. I fell in love with her historicals and her buchanan series and I always wait for her new release. That being said I felt (and i'm cringing as i say this) left feeling that I needed a little more from The Ideal Man.

Don't get me wrong i'm not disappointed, the story had suspense with Ellie dealing with a situation from her past that now was affecting her present and also the witnessing of the shooting in the park, but being so used to the chemistry of her characters from her historicals and her buchanan series I felt that the romance between Max and Ellie was a little stilted then whammo he realizes he's actually in love with her in the last 3 pages, i dunno maybe it was just me. I just felt that there could have been a little more development of romance between the characters, i just didn't get that sigh factor that i usually get with her hero's even though Max was a hunk!

Overall it's still a great read and I enjoyed the story line. I'll always buy a Julie Garwood book b/c I know she's just THAT good! so I'm hoping her next release has a little more of that romantic macho flair that i know she's capable of :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ideal Man.