Anthony Chavez's Reviews > 10 a Boot Stomping 20 a Human Face 30 Goto 10

10 a Boot Stomping 20 a Human Face 30 Goto 10 by Jess Gulbranson

Oct 25, 11

bookshelves: bizarro, favorites
Read from August 27 to October 19, 2011

Nick Hornby's High Fidelity (Which I love) + Palahniuk (Whom I also dig) + Necromancy?

This book by Gulbranson has one of the best cover art pieces I have ever seen, I just love the cover.

10 A Boot Stomping was a great read, definitely in my top 5 that fit in the Bizarro genre box.

Gulbranson weaves a sci-fi tale that incorporates music/vinyl, conspiracy theories, computer nerd-dom, autism, ghosts/space aliens and even a sweet Dashiell Hammett reference, into a very engaging tale.

It starts slow but it amps up quick and before you know it Eric, our hero, who usually spends most of his life listening to music, lounging around a record store, and eating pizza, has a gun in his face, is breaking people's treasured momentos, and is raising the spirits of the dead. Sound intriguing enough for you? I submit that that answer should most definitely be a yes!

P.S. This book even has Elvis and Jim Morrison!
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 10 a Boot Stomping 20 a Human Face 30 Goto 10.

10/02/2011 page 40
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen This looks great. Nice review, Anthony.

Anthony Chavez Thanks a lot, I really enjoyed this one. Look forward to more by the author.