Tutulu's Reviews > Upside Down, Inside Out

Upside Down, Inside Out by Monica McInerney

Aug 17, 11

Recommended for: everyone
Read from August 15 to 17, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** This book is absolutely brilliant! It warmed my heart and what really made me smile was how the every day colloquial Australian slang hand in hand with our culture was perceived through Eva and Joseph's eyes. McInerney's humour also caught me off guard and was quite a laugh as she brought to life Eva Kennedy's thoughts on paper. The subtle intertwining of Eva and Joe's lives, initially just a brush by at Heathrow airport, which gradually built up their eventual met at a party held in Brighton, was what I loved most about this author's distinct way with words. Having lived in Melbourne majority of my life, the dishwasher's poetic discription of the city was beautifully written and validated the on-point goings on from St. Kilda to Richmond to Phillip Island. I thoroughly enjoyed reading of these places and having the knowledge of knowing exactly what McInerney was depicting. Add a myriad of lovable characters (sans Greg), Upside Down, Inside Out is now a favourite of mine and Monica McInerney a favourite author, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Upside Down, Inside Out.