Tracy Smith's Reviews > The Outsider

The Outsider by Ann H. Gabhart

Aug 27, 11

Read from August 17 to 27, 2011

The story of following your faith in matters of the heart creates the tale of "The Outsider."

Living life in the 1800's in a Shaker community, Gabrielle, a young believer, is blessed with the gift of seeing into the future. With these visions, she saves her good friend's life from a fire by guiding Dr. Brice Scott to him to save him in time. Spending time with the good dr., feelings start to develop and thoughts that the Shakers don't believe in, start to bring turmoil to this young woman's mind. Both struggle with these feelings and encounter many obstacles in their paths as they try to deny the love that is blossoming between them. Gabrielle tries to bury herself in her Shaker lifestyle and insists upon living faithfully to their beliefs. Dr. Scott turns his duty over to caring for the sick and wounded soldiers of the war that is raging in the North. But still, their thoughts and prayers are for each other, even when there is so much heartache and tragedy falling all around them. Follow their emotional journey as they finally find each other and are able to live their lives together with love and faith.

This was the first book that I have ever read about the Shaker lifestyle and found it to be very interesting. Ms. Gabhart gave alot of insight to their beliefs and did a wonderful job at portraying their everyday lives in great detail. I enjoyed getting to know these characters and the gambit of emotions that they each experienced.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical fiction with a tender romance woven into the storyline.

This book was kindly provided to me by me and this is my honest review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Outsider.