Tanya's Reviews > The Forgotten Locket

The Forgotten Locket by Lisa Mangum

Sep 06, 11

bookshelves: youth-fiction, fantasy
Read from August 28 to September 02, 2011

Lisa's a wonderful writer. She can truly weave magic with words and, in many places both in this concluding volume and "The Golden Spiral" before, I enjoyed the poetry of her prose.

However, I found the plot dragging in this volume, as well as in "The Golden Spiral," and sensed that she was grabbing to remain in control of the whole time travel element. I would be very surprised if she outlined this whole series in advance, because it really began to seem as if she was making it up as she went along...having to explain away every new development in their time travel. It didn't seem as if she had all the rules down from the beginning for this "world."

Also, sometimes the romance seemed way overdone (as in "Twilight"). However, I'll be the first to admit that romance is just not my thing and that I'm probably in the minority among women when it comes to that. Still, I loved the fact that we finally got to go to Italy, even if it didn't seem to be for very long. And I look forward to her next project because, as I said, she can really write!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgotten Locket.

08/28/2011 page 256