Pamelabyoung's Reviews > Bewitching

Bewitching by Jill Barnett

Aug 19, 11

Read in August, 2011

I really wanted to like this book. Bewitched meets English peerage and all. I like so much about it....the magical part of a young, naive Scottish witch marrying a boring, stuffy, full-of-himself Duke, the strange spells that happened when she sneezed, her inability to successfully cast most spells, and the like. But since I bought it for only 99 cents on sale for my Kindle, I shouldn't complain that it was a bit too much like a trashy paperback romance novel, should I? I am some kind of a junior high fool, I know, but I still want to laugh out loud when I read some of the lengthy descriptive passages about the "length of his manhood" and so forth. I apologize for my immaturity. Still, it was kinda cool that, as a result of her inability to control her magic, they were showered with pink rose petals every time they made love. Okay, see....I'm giggling again. I would have handled it all much better if the lights dimmed, the petals fell, and the rest was left to my imagination. I need a mature audiences warning to avoid waking up my family with my laughter in the middle of the night.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bewitching.