Haley ~ YA-Aholic's Reviews > Bridger

Bridger by Megan Curd

Aug 17, 2011

Read from October 17 to 23, 2011

"You're a jerk." His grin was infectious. "No, I'm your Protector. Get it right."

This was a book I cannot believe how much I underestimated it. It blew my mind, Megan is an amazing writer and I cannot put into words how much I enjoyed her book Bridger. Megan put together a book of magic, fae, folklore, love, action, and just everything and more. Megan is an author everyone needs to read and experience, Bridger is now one of my favorite books, and I cannot wait to get my hands on book two.

Bridger starts with Ash (Ashlyn). Ash has just lost her dad, and needs sometime to get away from everything, so she is taking a trip to Ireland to visit some family. Ash loves Ireland, and the people she is meeting, especially Liam..she doesn't know what it is about him, but he is all she can think about. After a horrific night involving her 'best friend' Jamie trying to kill her, Ash finds out what she is, she is a Bridger, not just a Bridger though, she is one of a kind..and Liam has sworn his life to be her protector. As if finding out she isn't even human wasn't enough, she now has to go back to america.. with Liam and he will be staying with Reese a guy friend of hers who has more then just friend feelings for her..oh and did I mention there is a powerful Changling that is after her? Ya so much for Ash's normal life.

I loved loved loved loved this book! If you didn't know, I absolutely adore Fae books, and this one has come to be one of my favorites! Everything about this book drew me in, the romance, the action, the characters, it was just an amazing read. Megan made an amazing group of characters, never once did I get the feeling things were unrealistic! Megan was able to write a story of magic and love and still make it realistic, which to be honest I feel no books lately can combine magic and love AND make it seem realistic.

So with that said, Bridger is out, you need to go buy it, you need to go read it. It's one of my new favorite books, and I am dying for book two!

Here are some more amazing swoon worthy quotes from Bridger:

"You're right. I'm not him. I'm better than him. It's only a matter of time before you realize that."

"Ash, why can't you believe I'm not just doing this as a job? I choose you beause I want you."

"I love you. I will protect you every day of forever."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bridger.

Donna {Book Passion for Life} This sounds awesome. :)

Haley ~ YA-Aholic Hopefully its good (: I have to do a blog tour post on the 23rd for it! lol(:

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Oohh I'll keep an eye out for it. This sounds good though because of it being about Fae. :) I've got two blog tours coming up so I need to read them books. Lol

message 4: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca more ireland...sounds fun!!!

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I so want to read this now! :)