Stacy's Reviews > Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: ya, romance
Read in August, 2011

Fans of Elkeles won’t be disappointed in the last of the Fuentes brothers, Luis is just as hot and passionate as Alex and Carlos! He plays the Mexican hottie scandalously. His one defining characteristic is that he is a thrill seeker, an adventure junkie. So, it’s no surprise he finds himself in over his head and ends up in a perilous situation reminiscent of his brothers.

Luis and Nikki’s relationship is a hot mess. Lies and deception mar their totally sensuous, passionate love for one another. Their intense relationship is proven with the hot and fiery scenes of their “time” together *bow chicka bow wow*

Chuy Soto says in the book, “Well, well…it’s a Fuentes family reunion,” and it totally is! We get bigger glimpses into Alex and Carlos’s life. Some of the best and most hilarious dialogue comes from Carlos. Seriously, I laughed out loud at some of the things he said. I also wanted to punch him in the gut for his stupidity too (he is my fav brother, if you couldn’t tell!).

The brothers make this book, their dedication and loyalty to their family is admirable and contagious. The love for they have for their girls (mama included) is sweet, endearing and such a precious thing that each of them holds so dear.

Oh, and least I forget Elkeles throws in a twist I didn’t see coming!!

While I enjoyed this book (I read it in one sitting) it's not quite as powerful as the first two books.

post note: while Luis is the last of the Fuentes brothers, I’m hoping that she decides to take one of the many off springs and writes about them, *whispers* sans the Latino Blood.

Watch my interview with Simone here and here on YouTube.

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chain Reaction.