Wattle's Reviews > Moon Over Soho

2008262
Aug 31, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, mystery, favorites
Read from August 17 to 30, 2011

I must admit, before picking up 'Rivers of London' at the bookstore, I picked up 'Moon Over Soho' because the cover just grabbed me. It was pretty and looked interesting, and when I realised it was book 2 of a series I had to buy them both.

I know they say don't judge a book by its cover. But I do. A lot. I can't help myself.

Anyway. I really enjoyed the first book, and this one was just as fun. In fact, I think I liked it a bit more. In the first book we're just getting to know Peter, and here we delve a little deeper. I find him quite interesting as a character, and his observations of the world are generally quite amusing (as are the pop-culture references, which always get a giggle).

The magic and paranormal elements are nicely done, and the storyline ticked along quite nicely (though, of course, was left wide open for the next book). I would have liked to see more of Lesley, and even the Thames sisters (Beverley in particular) but hopefully that will come in further additions to the series.

And that said, I am looking forward to the third book already!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Over Soho.

08/18/2011 page 36