Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Star Struck

Star Struck by Jane Lovering

Aug 17, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, non-erotic
Read in August, 2011

Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Skye needs this trip to America. She's been in hiding and mourning ever since a devastating accident that stole much of her memory, confidence, and two of the most important people in her life. But time has passed, and she needs to live again, to move on. So she ventures across the globe with her friend Felix to a convention. It's a chance to see a place she'd been wanting to go to for years, and to meet some famous people. There she meets mysterious Jack.

Jack's a writer, and he's got his own drama. He's a bit dark and unknown, which drew me to him in the first place. I knew instantly he had a past, and secrets. What were they? Well I had to read on to uncover them. He seems withdrawn, sometimes unfocused. But meeting Skye opened up a part of him he must not have had open for quite some time now. They don't hit it off immediately, but when they do...well, it goes up from there.

The beginning of the story started out slow. Not for a few chapters did the pace start picking up. I was interested enough in Skye's journey to keep reading. Her friend Felix is a riot. He's witty and smart mouthed, but he keeps Skye grounded and knows how to help her. He's been there for her since the accident. Sometimes the point of view switches are hard to catch on to, as Skye's is in the first person, but Jack's is third. I'm glad that I was able to read the story from both points of view, but the switch from first to third didn't always flow well.

All in all, I enjoyed the story. It had plenty of conflict and action. The characters are memorable and believable. If you enjoy contemporary romance with a splash of wit, then Star Struck might be what you're looking for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Struck.