♔ Leah. 's Reviews > Adrian's Lost Chapter

Adrian's Lost Chapter by Richelle Mead

The chapter was fucking awful— Adrian wasn't even in character, as if some personality black hole came and sucked it out of him like a goddamn Dementor. Additionally, the inconsistencies were apparent— Mead doesn't even know her own characters or the information that she established about them initially. Adrian was said to be 22, but he was celebrating his 21st Birthday? Really? She doesn't know details of a SECONDARY character. Also, what is Jill's real element? Is it water or air? Please tell us, the world leaders are DYING to know and are on the edge of their seat, DESPERATE to find out. Please, IT COULD SOLVE WORLD HUNGER AND ESTABLISH WORLD PEACE.

And what is the need to even mention Rose and her Russian wanker? What do they add to the story— other than giving the rabid Rose/Dimitri stans an excuse to use their dildos and start masturbating— Mead needs to fucking stop it with the mentions of them in both Adrian's and Sydney's POV. They are irrelevant characters that add nothing to the plot, it's obvious that this lost chapter was a golden opportunity for her to fawn over how supah speshul~ they are. Adrian would never describe them as "wolves" or "lions"— let alone go on about them for 3 fucking pages— especially seeing as they both fucked him over. I don't give a damn about them being aware (it's their fucking job to be aware, I'm not impressed) or them canoodling (can you believe they're not fucking like rabbits? It was a shocker!) or how happy that heifer is with that greasy haired git of hers.

Also, I don't like Jill— she's so pathetic and bland. I have no need for her to be an internal fangirl so she can wank over everyone and be all "I'm a shrinking violet, teehee" and invite Adrian to a private Jill pity party so we can see what a poor baby she is. Give me a fucking break. *gags*

This fucking chapter was better off lost. I'd rather see Adrian dead than him moping about being a shell of his former self.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adrian's Lost Chapter.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Oh god. I hate it so much when you're looking forward to something in the POV of a character you like and it turns out to be bland and terrible. *sigh*

♔ Leah. Mello, it was a strange mix of heartbreak and raises your blood pressure. I thought it would be fun and upbeat but no, he HAS to be grudge-wanking over Rose/Dimitri.

Alice, please review this. I can't wait for the gifs and the shelves you come up with.

message 3: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Grudge-wanking? Ewwwww okay that leaves a nasty, nasty mental image D:

For once can everything not be about Rose/Dimitri? ...don't answer that. Reality is harsher when confirmed.

♔ Leah. You know like... he hates them but he fawns over them but he hates them for their awesome~ JUST NO FUCKING THANKS.

You already know the answer to that, darling. :(

message 5: by Krista (One Love) (Critical) (last edited Aug 18, 2011 02:00PM) (new)

Krista (One Love) (Critical) Well, we all know Mead is pretty much in love with Rose, so it only makes sense she would assume that everyone else is as well. It wouldn't cross her mind that Adrian could get over the amazing goddess that is Rose. I mean, really, who wouldn't love a lying, selfish, hypocritical, slutty bitch? Clearly he would forgive her for her evil backstabbing, because she is ROSE. She can do NO WRONG. And of course, the one character who thinks she can do wrong, suddenly doesn't.

message 6: by Krista (One Love) (Critical) (last edited Aug 18, 2011 08:21PM) (new)

Krista (One Love) (Critical) Alice, you are 100% correct. Everything Rose does is perfect. No one can ever live up to her supposed standards. She even expects people to have the same weaknesses as she does...then again, she probably thinks they're the opposite of weaknesses.

Protag-centered morality indeed. What I'm wondering is if Mead has similar standards to Rose, or if she actually knows how awful a character The Goddess of Dumb Bitch Rose is.

message 7: by Krista (One Love) (Critical) (last edited Aug 18, 2011 09:01PM) (new)

Krista (One Love) (Critical) Same! Half the time I was reading VA I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone, with everyone condoning her evil behavior. I thought for sure once I read some reviews, people would be hating on Rose, but no...99% of people have fallen under her spell.

I agree. Her intentions were not good. She was only ever trying to do one of three things. 1. Help herself. 2. Help Dimitri in order to make herself feel better. 3. Save the all important Lissa.

Every time a character said/did something she wouldn't do, she categorized them immediately as a worthless jerk, as if she actually has the right to decide that. And the way she kept score, too; every time someone did something she liked, she'd add points to their score, as if she were God getting ready for Judgment Day. It was ridiculous.

I only read the first chapter. If I'm going to be annoyed, I might as well be annoyed all at once when it comes out...'cause I know I'm going to read it. Ugh, that's gross. I was hoping in this series we wouldn't have to read all that Rose Should Run the World Because She is SO SO AMAZING garbage. And "strength" is only good when you use your freakin' strength to do the right thing, which she never does.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

This is exactly how I felt. It was a sociopathic free for all

message 9: by Krista (One Love) (Critical) (last edited Aug 18, 2011 09:59PM) (new)

Krista (One Love) (Critical) Oh, for sure. These evil things were only okay when Rose did them.

Oh, yeah. In the end it was always about her. I couldn't believe at that one point, when she's thinking Dimitri "failed her" by getting turned strigoi. Are you KIDDING me? IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU, YOU BITCH! Rose: "Dimitri, you aren't a completely invincible god! What is wrong with you? How dare you be attacked!?!? How dare you lose a fight!?!? That is SUCH an insult to me!" I mean, really? In this situation, where the man she supposedly loves is turned strigoi, she is more worried about how he let her down than what effect this will have on him? No. That's not love. She just likes his face.

She's too self-centered to consider others' feelings, and the worst part is she actually THINKS that she does. And if she has guilt, she easily pushes it away.

Ahh. That's stupid. You shouldn't write a book about characters who you feel pale in comparison to other characters you've created. It really does disgust me that Mead has turned Adrian into...I don't even know how to describe him anymore. I really WANT him to hate Rose. I want him to continue to hate her, and show his hatred for her throughout Bloodlines. I don't want him to continue on like a kicked puppy.

True. Rose certainly had no character strength. It was all about her ability to kill. Wow, what a great heroine! She's good at killing people, ruining their lives, and not caring! She deserves a medal.

Krista (One Love) (Critical) I know. There are only designated flaws acceptable by Mead. Bahaha, true. She's in love with his dick. I kind of hope Mead is single - if not, I pity her boyfriend/husband.

Indeed. Oh, yes, Rose, I'm so proud of you for easily tossing aside all guilt in order to clear your mind and focus on how to get yourself an HEA you don't deserve.

Hell, hell, HELL, yes. I LOATHE how Adrian is expected to change who he is in order to be a viable "love interest." I want him to be more than just a stupid "love interest." I want him to be in the story because he is an awesome character, for himself, not simply to act as a dick-for-rent. Why should he have to "change" if Rose didn't? If anything, Rose just went downhill. If he has to become a different "person" in order to get a girl, I don't want that. I haven't even read Bloodlines, and I KNOW Sydney needs some major changes: I don't want to see her going all self-righteous on Adrian, and if she does, SHE better learn to like him for who he is, 'cause he is NOT changing to be her lap-dog. Nope.

Ahahahaha! Sometimes, people scare me.

♔ Leah. I love reading comment essays on my reviews *munches popcorn*

message 12: by Krista (One Love) (Critical) (last edited Aug 19, 2011 09:38PM) (new)

Krista (One Love) (Critical) I don't understand authors like that. I mean, when I write, I am aware of my MC's flaws, and the other characters are aware of my MC's flaws, and by the end my MC is aware of his/her own flaws.

I have noticed that about this series. There's never any trouble, but Mead adds in throw-away characters just to have people die. I mean, when Dimitri kidnapped Lissa and Christian, why did he let Christian live? That makes no sense. All he needed for bait was Lissa.

You like people for who they are, not who they could be, who they might be or who they may never be.

I couldn't have said it better. It's especially sick when the person changing is changing to fit into a tiny mold the MC has designated as acceptable. Yeah, I do fear for Adrian. It is beyond unfair that he has to change who he is, when the characters who actually NEED to change (because of their terrible, unforgiveable behavior) are seen as perfect as they are. I mean, his flaw is...that he drinks/smokes? Wow, he deserves to be burned at the stake. How dare he? But of course, it's A-okay for Rose to use people, cheat on her bf, and treat her friends like crap. And honestly, I think if I were in his place I'd be doing the same...the thought of possibly going insane would be terrifying. Everyone thinks Lissa handles it better...but Lissa DIDN'T. When she didn't have Rose to help drain away some of the "darkness," she would become an evil bitch.

LMAO, somehow I'm not surprised. Sydney is obviously very high on herself, just as Rose was. Maybe she doesn't think she's skinny enough, but she sure thinks she knows more than anyone in the world. And anyway, Adrian is not even close to being immoral, so it's probably more like she's trying to turn him into a little clone of herself. What I'd like to see is Adrian teaching that stuck-up little panty-wad to LOOSEN UP.

Haha, true, true.

Krista (One Love) (Critical) ♔ Leah. wrote: "I love reading comment essays on my reviews *munches popcorn*"

LOL! Share some with me?

message 14: by Krista (One Love) (Critical) (last edited Aug 20, 2011 11:59AM) (new)

Krista (One Love) (Critical) Ahaha, a Jerk Sue. It's sad such a thing exists.

Oh, no, no, no, Christian is actually my favorite character, LOL, and I don't think he is at all a throw-away character, which is the only reason he didn't die that day. I mean, Mead created that dhampir guy...I forget his name, but he was guarding Lissa...just so we'd know someone who died, you know? Otherwise it would have been like, "And then a bunch of random dhampirs you've never heard of were killed."

I definitely didn't want Christian dead, but it makes no sense that Dimitri didn't kill him, and plotholes like that are annoying. Ugh, "Lissa's love interest." So true, but so sad. I think he's a much stronger character than Rose, which...is not good.

Um, no. I mean, if you look at it in the sense that Rose ONLY saw Adrian as a big joke, THEN I could understand that whole thing about the "true" Adrian, meaning that there's more to him than what that bitch Rose thought...but honestly, I don't see that there's
anything about him that needs to change.

Like, I'm sorry you can't see he's a good person with your own eyes. You need the narration to tell you he is.

LMAO! You would think people who read would have the intelligence to recognize the difference between a good and bad character, but...nope.

Yeah, I just don't see drinking/smoking as something evil. He's not hurting anyone, unlike, um, what's her name? Rose? Yeahh. Her. Seriously, if Rose were a side character (and had never been an MC), I bet people would hate her. I hope, anyway.

Exactly. People acted like Lissa never had any trouble with spirit, but come on...how can you miss what she was like? She was ready to bite people's heads off for basically no reason, and if she hadn't been bonded to Rose, she would have turned into a complete raging nutjob.

Well, I started the first Succubus book, but then I read a few reviews of later books, saw all the absolute crap soap-opera-ish character-destruction that was on its way and just gave up in sheer terror. YES! Why is it that in books, the solution to someone's problem is ALWAYS finding a significant other? It's soooo fake and overused and just...needs to stop. And it's not even as if the problems slowly fade with time - they just go POOF after love fills the air.

Oh my gosh! *makes the sign of the cross* Adrian = Satan! Even though Rose is a cheating slut, she is an angel from Heaven.

message 15: by Nik (new) - added it

Nik hahaa bloody brilliant. haven't read but i think i'll save myself the misery.

♔ Leah. Don't read it! It's awful and overrated as fuck. But thanks for the like! ♥

message 17: by Lily (new) - added it

Lily Jills element is water! And its when he was 21 not 22! Only an obsessed Adrian Ivashkov fan would know that.

message 18: by Katy-lynn (new) - added it

Katy-lynn In the early vampire academy books Jill is said to be an air user, and then she switches it when she goes to court to meet with Mia... But he makes a good point, how involved is she with the characters when she does not even know certain details

message 19: by Pao (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pao She never metioned Adrian's age, I re-read the books this last week and she never mentions his age ¬¬

message 20: by Pao (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pao Jill's element is water, it changes in the 4th book, it was air initially but then in Blood Promise her element was mentioned to be water, she trained with Mia

message 21: by Lena (new)

Lena how come that you know them wo good and apparently read every book if you all hate them so much???
I mean come on - either you like the books and the characters or you move on to another series!!