Jammie's Reviews > Forgotten

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Aug 17, 11

bookshelves: read-2011
Read in July, 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick was a very interesting story. The concept of someone not being able to remember their past, but remember their future, was what originally drew me to this book. I'm still a little unsure about how I felt about this book. I didn't love it, but i definitely liked it. I felt like it had some things missing, but it was a very interesting story.

The characters seemed to not have very much depth, I felt that I didn't really know anything about London or Luke or Jamie. London was an interesting character to view this story from. Forgotten reminded me a bit of 50 First Dates, London writes herself notes to remember things about her past and her boyfriend. It was lots of fun to watch London meet and fall in love with Luke over and over again.
Jamie's character annoyed me a little (which is sad because my name is Jammie), I just felt as though if I were to be in her position that I would listen to London more. Even when London (knowing how some of her choices will turn out in her future) tries to warn Jamie against certain things that she know will hurt Jamie horribly, she just continues to ignore her which leads to a temporary chip in their friendship.

I felt a little strange about Jamie and London's friendship, it sort of seemed like it began a little more out of necessity than their genuine connection. With Jamie being portrayed as the "slut" among her class mate, and London being thought of as weird because of her seemingly very bad memory, neither of them really have anyone else to turn to.

I did enjoy this book. It wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't bad either. It was a very interesting concept to read about. And made for an interesting story.

This review is also on my blog The Confessions of a Book Nerd :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten.