Regina's Reviews > True Blood: All Together Now

True Blood by Alan Ball

3922010
Aug 21, 11

it was ok
bookshelves: books-with-graphics, graphic-novels, sci-fi, series-and-sequels-adult, southern-comfort, steam, horror
Read from August 16 to 19, 2011

A good read for the wait between seasons, but nothing to hold your breath over.

This first installment of the new True Blood Graphic series finds all our favorite characters sequestered against their will inside Merlotte's. They have been trapped inside by an evil Imp Shaloop, a Native American trickster spirit who feeds on shameful secrets. Each of our friends, from Tara to Eric Northman all give in and tell their darkest secret or personal story.

To be honest, the stories are somewhat not as juicy as I would have liked. The benefit of this kind of series is that it could serve to enlighten those of us who haven't read the original Sookie Stackhouse novels of some valuable backstory. This book didn't do that. It actually replayed a lot of the character flaws we already know about thanks to the television show. For people who don't know the show, and want a quick introduction, it may work.

Hopefully the stories will improve as time progresses but for now, I was only mildly entertained.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Blood.

08/19/2011