Bridget R.'s Reviews > Angel Fall

Angel Fall by Coleman  Luck

Nov 09, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, made-me-cry, favorites, christian-fiction, why-dont-more-people-know-abut-this, five-star, awesome-worldbuilding
Recommended to Bridget R. by: The sale rack
Recommended for: Lovers of dark fantasy or those who don't mind some darkness mixed with light
Read from September 17 to October 02, 2011

When books are compared to the great writers of the genre they inhabit-in this case the authors in question being C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolken, with a little H.P. Lovecraft thrown in for good mesure--it's easy to be skeptical. This book delivered what it promised, a mixture of darkness and light, a blend of beauty and horror.

I won't summerize the plot because others have done that.

This book brought me to tears more than once...that isn't easy to do. What I liked about it so much is that it bounced back and forth between hope and hopelessness. You'd see a beautiful scene that would bring you to tears...then be plunged back into the darkness where it seemed like hope was gone.

When I say "those who don't mind some darkness mixed wilth light," I mean this book is dark but hope shines through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Fall.

09/18/2011 page 90
26.0% "Note to self: just because this is compared to Lewis does not mean that every character stands for someone. Stop it."
09/25/2011 page 140
40.0% "Okay, that was freaky. This is like C.S. Lewis meets Stephen King."
10/02/2011 page 352