Dawn's Reviews > The Wake of the Lorelei Lee: Being an Account of the Adventures of Jacky Faber, on her Way to Botany Bay

The Wake of the Lorelei Lee by L.A. Meyer

Sep 03, 11

bookshelves: british, teen-realistic-fiction, historical-fiction
Read from August 16 to September 03, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This book reminded me of the 80's sitcom clip show. There's bits and pieces of most of the other books in this book. The pacing was very slow and there weren't many surprises. Lots of songs, lots of baths, lots of attempted rapes, lots of pirates, you know, a typical Jacky Faber adventure. Like all the others, this one is definitely rated older teen +. One scene that was particularly gross/unexpected was when Jacky ends up "married" to Higgins and offers to take care of him physically in a way that would not involve giving up her virginity... It was very weird. Also another scene where the drunken captain tried to force Jacky and a pregnant woman into a threesome. He ends up punching the pregnant woman in the stomach which causes a miscarriage. Ugh! I listened to this on audiobook and I don't know if I would have continued the series this long if it wasn't for the fact that K. Kellgren narrates the series. But, I will probably continue with the next book coming out in November.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wake of the Lorelei Lee.