Kari's Reviews > Darkness Dawns

Darkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall

Aug 17, 2011

bookshelves: audiobook, 2011
Read from August 16 to 17, 2011

Did I like this one? Yep, I loved it! I loved everything about it. I had my reservations, since I have never heard of this author. I am so happy that I picked up this debut work by Ms. Duvall. I liked her twist on the vampire genre where a virus affects turned individuals differently. You either become a crazy blood thirsty vampire or you become an immortal. I think Roland does a great job of explaining the difference in the book.

Sarah and Roland are just great characters. Their fall into love is effortless and just fun to watch. They have some pretty sensual love scenes that were well written. Both are pretty much loners and not very trusting, but from the first they experience a pull that can only move them toward each other. While there are serious moments, there are also some very funny moments in the book.

The peripheral characters and the mystery of who is trying to kill Roland round out the story very nicely. The end leaves lots of room for the sequel which comes out in December, I believe. I can't wait to read that one. I want to know more about Ami!

I definitely recommend this debut novel. I listened to the audiobook and the narrator did a great job. If you like the vampire genre, you won't be sorry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Dawns.