Darcy's Reviews > One Night Rodeo

One Night Rodeo by Lorelei James

Aug 18, 12

bookshelves: 2012, e-book, erotica
Read on August 17, 2012

I will admit to be very leery with this pairing, I thought there would be an ewwwww factor because of the past with Laine and Hank and then Ceila being Hank's sister. I should have known better because this author can and has pulled off similar weird relationships in the past.

I loved the start, that these 2 wake up and realize what they did in Vegas won't likely stay there as they are married. Seeing both of their reactions was funny, more because you realize that each of them have been hiding so much about their feelings for the other. In some ways what happened was perfect because when they think too much is when things start to go wrong with them.

I loved how Kyle's past comes right on the heels of their marriage discover, they really needed something to help them become a unit. I really liked how Ceila was there for Kyle. I think their past of knowing each other since kids helped that out, even though they mostly antagonized each other.

It seemed like when it was just Kyle and Ceila, they were ok. Sure they made some stupid remarks due to not thinking and settling in their past roles, but for the most part they let the other see what they didn't let anyone else see. Of course it helped that at every chance they spent their time naked. One of my favorite scenes was near the end when each told the other what they loved about them. It was very sweet!

I really liked how Kyle listened to Ceila's advice of ranching, let her take the lead, and encouraged her to do what she wanted. It was something she never got from her brothers. I will admit that I started to hate Hank and Abe, their reactions to the marriage made me so mad. I was so glad of Kyle's words. I wasn't sure what to think of the brothers when they came to talk to Ceila about the family ranch. In some ways it made me hate them more because they didn't realize how their actions pushed her away, yet they did finally wise up.

The shower from the town had me laughing. Those Mud Lilies are a force to be reckoned with!

I liked how this one ended, how both Kyle and Ceila finally told the truth of their feelings and how they are now starting with a fresh start.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night Rodeo.