Gail's Reviews > The End of the Wasp Season

5952035
Nov 26, 11

bookshelves: mystery-thriller, european-literature, library-book
Read from November 20 to 25, 2011

This story is well written but...First, I personally do not like it when I feel an author writes a story around a point of view that they are trying to make. Like the whole point of the story is a vehicle for them to "preach" there point of view. I thought that this book was as twisted as its characters. It almost seems to me that the author is attempting to make abusers seems like victims, all except for Thomas and Ella's dad. The cops hate a victim and wont care about justice for the victim because the victim was left in a disgraceful position? Thats just wickedness and I shudder to think that such behavior is possible in real life. That people who have placed themselves into positions where they are to uphold justice and they care nothing for justice and there position as law enforcement is a complete farce. There is no way I would believe that someone as selfish and narcissistic as Thomas and Ella's father would actually kill himself. This is completely unbelievable for me, I mean he was stealing money to setup an escape and he kill's himself? This is never explained away and almost seems like something hidden is being insinuated. This is like an instruction book on how to distroy peoples lives. But if you are a victim then somehow you are not really responsible for your actions. What a lie. Everyone comes to an age of responsibility. We are all responsible for our own actions, each and everyone of us. I feel this point of view and the whole story was warped and even though it was well written, I did not like it because instead of reading a murder mystery for entertainment, instead I felt like I was getting someone elses point of view shoved down my throat and one I do not agree with..
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The End of the Wasp Season.