Erin's Reviews > Cruise Confidential: A Hit Below the Waterline: Where the Crew Lives, Eats, Wars, and Parties: One Crazy Year Working on Cruise Ships

Cruise Confidential by Brian David Bruns

1940308
Aug 18, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: adult-nonfiction, ugh
Read from August 16 to 18, 2011

I have this habit of randomly choosing books to read that are behind the scenes exposes of working for a certain industry. Invariably, all of these books are full of terrible writing and terrible stories. Apparently I am the kind of person who doesn't learn from her mistakes, because when I saw this one I thought, "Hmm, this could be interesting. I've never been on a cruise before - I wonder what it's like from the crew's perspective." This book was AWFUL. The anecdotes were shallow in every sense of the word and the writing literally made me want to cry. I am telling my library coworkers that the next time they see me with a behind-the-scenes book, they need to forcibly pry it out of my hands and use it to whack some sense into me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cruise Confidential.

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle I love this type of book too, and it is almost always horrible. But is it bad that I'm still thinking I might want to read this?

message 2: by Erin (new) - rated it 1 star

Erin Danielle wrote: "I love this type of book too, and it is almost always horrible. But is it bad that I'm still thinking I might want to read this?"

Haha... no, I totally get that. If this had shown up on your reviews, I'd probably be interested too!