L-D's Reviews > One For The Money

One For The Money by Janet Evanovich

Sep 11, 11

bookshelves: cop-pi-bountyhunter, murderer-serial-killer-rapist, mystery, mafia-mob-drugkingpin, series
Read on September 11, 2011

About 3.5 stars. Okay - this book while I rated it mid-range was pretty entertaining. Stephanie Plum is out of work and can't pay her bills. Her car has been repossessed and she is desperate. She blackmails her cousin Vincent into letting her help him with retrieval (bounty hunting). Her first mark happens to be someone that she grew up with and has had some frustrating and humiliating childhood experiences with. Joe Morelli is a vice cop who skipped bail when he is accused of killing an unarmed suspect. Joe won't turn himself in until he hunts down evidence of his innocence.

Okay- why only 3.5 stars if I found it entertaining? (view spoiler) Stephanie's credibility as a bounty hunter is pretty weak and it was impossible to take her seriously. Joe, an experienced vice cop, was very easy to take seriously on the other hand. I liked the character of Ranger - a veteran bounty hunter that takes pity on Steph and tries to show her some ropes. If Ranger wasn't in the picture, Steph's stint as a bounty hunter would've been short lived.

But all in all, I liked Joe, I liked Ranger, and Steph, while incompetent, was still fairly likable. At least she didn't quit. She's got hutzpah. I'll read more Stephanie Plum due to the rave reviews of my friends and my strong curiosity about that naughty Joe Morelli.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One For The Money.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i cant wait until you read book 3 of this series - i believe its a lot better then book 1 and 2 :D

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! almost forgot to say Love the review!

message 3: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D I just read your review of book #2 and YES - grandma is hilarious! So far she shot a chicken off the dining room table and went to a funeral in blue biker shorts - she is TOO much!

message 4: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Sep 12, 2011 02:11PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! haha yea she is deff one of my fave's and you get to see her in like every book which is great!. i think in the third book you get to meet lula :D lula is hilarious!

in some of books i laughed so much that i was rolling around on the bed gasping trying to get some air into my lungs and having tears rolling down my face - i prob look like i belonged on the short bus but some of the books are just SO funny :P the side kicks are the best!

message 5: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D haha - cool! Can't wait to keep reading! I think I'm not doing any challenges next month so I can read more of what I want.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! yea i'v been getting lazy when it comes to the challenges. iv been re-reading some of my old fave series which doesnt leave much time for reading challenge books.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! have u seen the movie?