Dawn Avery's Reviews > The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness

The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey

Aug 16, 2011

Recommended to Dawn by: Dave Ramsey
Recommended for: Anyone
I own a copy

I am still reading this book and will probably have to go back and read it again. I love the myth buster and testimonials. It really helped me get a grip on an actual budget (though I'm constantly having to tweak mine) and to actually build up an emergency fund. I recently had a major car expense of about $750 to repair a fuel pump issue. Normally when "Murphy" (as in Murphy's law) would come around I would freak out and call my parents for help. This time, I had an emergency fund and this time it was not as big a deal (less stress). A pain in the butt that I had broken down at the grocery store with cold foods melting but I didn't have to call my parents for financial assistance and I wasn't about to go without paying other bills because of this instance. It was FANTASTIC! I wish and pray that one day the public high schools will teach Financial planning to its students. Though learning how to bake bread and sew pillows has its importance, being able to manage your own money should be a top priority in our society.

Thank you Dave Ramsey for a wonderfully insightful book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Total Money Makeover.