Erica 's Reviews > Surviving Your Serengeti: 7 Skills to Master Business and Life: A Fable of Self-Discovery

Surviving Your Serengeti by Stefan Swanepoel

Nov 11, 11

Read from August 16 to November 04, 2011

Surviving Your Serengeti: 7 Skills to Master Business and Life is a pretty quick read. The story takes the strengths and weaknesses of various animals found in the Serengeti and compares them to strategies in the workplace. These strategies not only help with running a business, but they also are great guides for how to live our daily lives. Seven animals are confronted in the fabel; The Enduring Wildebeest, The Strategic Lion, The Enterprising Crocodile, The Efficient Cheetah, The Graceful Giraffe, The Risk-Taking Mongoose, and The Communicating Elephant.

There are always examples of animals surviving in the wild that we can incorporate into our lives. Taking these ideas about how each animal survives and applying them not only to business but also to life can help with discovering yourself. I've read this book through a few times and as enjoyable as it was, it's not my favorite. I'm not really a business minded type of person, but if I were I would have found this book invaluable.

The writing style is very simple, making it an easy read. The story flows well in some places but then seems as if it hits a wall in others. As a reader you also have to have a great interest in corporate industry to find this book exciting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surviving Your Serengeti.