Connie's Reviews > The Black Ice

The Black Ice by Michael Connelly

Aug 27, 11

Read from August 16 to 27, 2011

THE BLACK ICE by Michael Connelly was a GREAT book. I loved every minute of this one. Harry is not your normal police detective, or at least for me he isn't. He normally works by himself and really seems to like that. He does like women and they do seem to like him, but I feel sad at times because he appears to be such a loner but still needs that closeness too.

In this book we learn more about his father and his mother and how he came up through the foster care system. In the first book I don't believe we knew exactly what happened, but this explained a lot.

Harry is given some case files that need to be closed before the end of the year and he has 7 days to clear at least one of the cases that have been given to him. These murders are indirectly related to a drug related incident, but the more that Harry discovers, the more he runs into the drug trade between Mexico and the U. S. His trip to Mexico was interesting and Harry learned a lot and even cleared two of his murders, but it was not easy for him.

At one point I thought the DEA was working with the drug people and I am not sure if that was really cleared in my mind.

This book was full of action and definitely a thriller. Once you start it, it is hard to put down. I look forward to reading the rest in this series.

This is #2 in the Harry Bosch series and I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

This book is available on my website for $1.95 and the book has been read a couple of time, but still in very good condition. http://www.conniesbookshelf.com/index... If you use the word twitter in the promotion code box, you will receive a 10% discount on this book.

Hope you have a GREAT reading day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Ice.

08/25/2011 page 72
16.0% "This is a hard one to put down. I am really enjoying it."
08/26/2011 page 124
28.0% "I plan to read a lot more on this one today. It is starting to get really good."