Cris's Reviews > The God Box

The God Box by Alex Sanchez

Aug 17, 11

bookshelves: m-m, teen
Read in August, 2011

I thought it might be an interesting perspective. I've been an atheist since I was 11, long before I started questioning my sexuality, so religion never came into play in my own process. I've always been curious about how gay people who are also religious stay dedicated to their faith, since I didn't have to go through that myself, so this book held some appeal to me in that. What was actually there was... basically a lot of scripture flinging. Now... I expected some. I'm not an idiot. Obviously, in a book dealing with religion, you're going to encounter Bible verses. But I felt like a good 80% of the book was just characters spewing lines back and forth. Perhaps to distract from the fact that there wasn't much of a plot? Not that I mind plotless books sometimes, but do a better job of distracting me from it. I will say, however, that it wasn't a bad book. It made me think about particular parts of the Bible in a new way, which is certainly not a bad thing. It's just not a terribly good book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The God Box.

Quotes Cris Liked

Alex Sanchez
“You're going to spend more time with yourself than with anyone else in your life. You want to spend that whole time fighting who you are?”
Alex Sanchez, The God Box