Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)'s Reviews > Shadow Heir

Shadow Heir by Richelle Mead

Jan 02, 12

liked it
Read from December 31, 2011 to January 03, 2012

Hmmmm....I'm totally up in arms with this book! I liked some of this book but was put-off with others aspects as well.

On one hand, I like the fact that the author ended the series the way she did with all the twists and turns throughout the story.

On the other hand, I have to call a time-out--what the hell? What was Richelle Mead doing with that "wrap up?" A lot of things were left unfinished and open which makes me really wonder if there will be a later book set in this world without Eugenie being the main character?

In the end, loved the action, loved most of the new characters and the expansion and resolution of some of the previously mentioned characters, LOVED Dorian, but I was absolutely frustrated with Eugenie in the end. The "choice" she made in the end really upset me and I just could not agree with her thinking particularly after everthing she went through in this book and the other three books. It just did not work for me in this last book but I did enjoy the journey into this world overall and will miss this series as a whole especially Dorian!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Heir.

12/31/2011 page 120